Minor in Comparative and World Literature
Comparative and World Literature Minor — 18 units
- A minimum of 6 upper-division units are required to complete the minor.
- All coursework used to satisfy the requirements of the minor must be completed with a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- Advising. To ensure adequate planning of a student’s program, all minors must consult an advisor at least once per year.
- Up to two courses (6 units) of lower-division literature courses may be used toward the total units; one course (3 units) of these may come from a non-CWL literature course.
- All students in the Comparative and World Literature minor are urged to acquire reading competence in at least one language in addition to English.
Core Courses (12 units)
|Approaches to Comparative and World Literature - GWAR
|Select three CWL courses. One course may be a lower division CWL course. (Note: CWL 214 does not count toward the minor.)
Electives (6 units)
In consultation with departmental advisors, students select two upper-division literature courses that reflect the breadth of literary studies. These courses may be from departments other than CWL.