Minor in Entrepreneurship
Students wishing to explore a start-up, small-business venture, or entrepreneurial venture based on their primary area of study; and who are in need of the business knowledge, tools, skills and experience to pursue such a career path, are encouraged to apply for the minor.
The minor in entrepreneurship is designed as a practical, business-building scaffold to a student’s primary area of study, with the goal of enabling and accelerating the student’s ability to create a small business or startup.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a familiarity with the entrepreneurial paths and experiences of organizations and individuals from various industries and backgrounds.
- Apply business frameworks to identify and argue for, and justify the customer need for a service or product concept of their choosing.
- Devise and apply consumer testing methodology to access the viability of a service or product of their choosing.
- Utilize fundamental business principles to forecast the financial feasibility of a service or product concept of their choosing.
- Prepare, explain, and defend a business pitch deck.
Entrepreneurship, Minor - 18 units
- Only one course may be taken credit/no credit (CR/NC).
- Students must maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average in the Entrepreneurship Minor core coursework.
- A minimum of 6 upper-division units are required to complete the minor.
- All coursework used to satisfy the requirements of the minor must be completed with a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
Core (9 units)
|BUS 354||Starting a Small Business||3|
|BUS 436||Managing Entrepreneurial Organizations||3|
Electives (9 units)
|BECA 427||Media Entrepreneurship||3|
|BUS 430||Social Entrepreneurship: Mission-Driven Ventures||3|
|BUS 699||Independent Study||1-3|
|DES 405||How to Develop, Patent, and Market an Idea||3|
|FIN 370||Fundamentals of Real Estate||3|
|FIN 420||Introduction to FinTech||3|
|FIN 470||Fundamentals of Entrepreneurial Finance||3|
|MKTG 688||New Product Management Seminar||3|
|MKTG 689||New Product Marketing and Launch||3|