Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Concentration in Finance – Business Administration Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) with 18 Lower-Division Units (2021) Roadmap
This is a sample pathway for students who transfer to San Francisco State University in the current Bulletin year with an AS-T in Business Administration (VERSION 2.0, established Spring 2021). 18 units in the major [ACCT 100/ACCT 101, DS 110, DS 212, ECON 101/ECON 102] and all lower division GE requirements have been satisfied. Additional units in the major may have been satisfied. Check with a major advisor about the most appropriate course sequence. Degree completion guaranteed in 60 units; see the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) section for more information.
To Do at SF State:
Enough total units to reach 120 minimum for graduation; 30 units minimum at the upper division level; to include the following:
University-Wide Requirements: 9-15 units
- American Institutions (0–6 units): US History, US Government, California State and Local Government requirements if not met pre-transfer.
- Upper-Division GE Areas B, C, and D (9 units): Courses required for the major may double-count if approved for UD GE.
- Students entering the major with the AS-T in Business Administration with a concentration in General Business are not required to fulfill SF State Studies requirements.
BS in Business Administration: Concentration in General Business major: 48-51 units
- Prerequisites (0-3 units): ISYS 263 if not met in transfer.
- Upper-division core courses for Business majors (27 units)
- Concentration (21 units) – FIN 351 or FIN 357, FIN 353, FIN 355, FIN 536, and three Concentration Electives
University Electives: 3 or more units
Depends on course choices made at the community college, how transferred units are applied to the requirements above, and course choices at SF State - some courses may meet more than one requirement, e.g. in both UD GE and in the major.
|BUS 300GW||Business Communication for Professionals - GWAR (Major Core)||3|
|IBUS 330||International Business and Multicultural Relations (Major Core, UD-D)||3|
|ISYS 263||Introduction to Information Systems (Major Prerequisite)||3|
|MGMT 405||Introduction to Management and Organizational Behavior (Major Core)||3|
|Concentration Elective (9-10 units) - Take One 1||3|
|FIN 350||Business Finance (Major Core)||3|
|Select One (Major Core):||3|
|Accounting Information Systems|
|Information Systems for Management|
|Select One (UD-C, USH, USG/CSLG):||3|
|The U.S. Constitution to 1896 (AERM, SJ)|
|The U.S. Constitution Since 1896 (AERM, SJ)|
|Concentration Electives (9-10 units) - Take Two 1||6|
|DS 412||Operations Management (Major Core)||3|
|MKTG 431||Principles of Marketing (Major Core)||3|
|Select One (Major Concentration):||3|
|Financial Statement and Data Analysis|
|FIN 353||Financial Institutions (Major Concentration)||3|
|GE Area UD-B: Upper-Division Physical and/or Life Sciences||3|
|BUS 682||Seminar on Business and Society (Major Core)||3|
|BUS 690||Seminar in Business Policy and Strategic Management (Major Core)||3|
|FIN 355||Investments (Major Concentration)||3|
|FIN 536||International Finance (Major Concentration)||3|
Concentration Electives (9-10 units)