Graduate Certificate in Business Principles
The purpose of this certificate is to introduce students to business foundations in preparation for applying to the MBA program. Many students do not feel prepared to enter an MBA program, including students who have been out of school for a number of years, students who are unsure whether they want to do an MBA program, and students who know very little about business. These students will benefit from this program, which introduces them to business foundations and prepares them for MBA work. This program will provide an opportunity to explore the business field while meeting basic entry requirements for the MBA.
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in any subject.
- 3.0 GPA or better in the last 60 units or a 3.0 GPA or better overall in all undergraduate work.
- GMAT/GRE will be waived for those who have 7+ years of full-time, professional experience or a doctoral degree. Instead, they must do a personal interview and writing test.
- GMAT/GRE test for those who have less than 7 years of full-time, professional work experience. If they don't get the threshold GMAT AWA of 5.0, or the threshold GRE AWA of 4.5, they will be given the writing test and, if they don't pass, asked to take a Harvard online writing module, https://hbsp.harvard.edu/product/4341-HTM-ENG.
- Personal Statement.
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- For international students, a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score that meets the LFCoB minimum (TOEFL 88)
Graduate Certificate in Bridge to Master of Business Administration — 18 units
Required Courses (18 units)
Select six of the following eight courses:
|Data Analysis for Managers
|Economics for Managers
|Information Systems for Management
|Management Principles and Organizational Behavior