Graduate Certificate in Ethical Artificial Intelligence
For more information, including advice on how to apply and obtain the certificate, please visit the program's website.
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Students will understand the basic principles and technologies of AI and related issues of privacy, security, and transparency.
2. Students will understand how to balance ethics with business needs and apply ethical automated decision-making in various business areas.
3. Students will understand the ways to enforce ethical standards and compliance with laws and rules related to ethical use of AI.
4. Students will understand the significance of ethical AI for society.
5. Students will be able to analyze and apply knowledge of ethical AI in the form of a case study.
Certificate in Ethical Artificial Intelligence – 10 units
Students must take one course of 3 or more units in each of three areas: (1) AI Technologies and Applications, (2) Business Ethics and Regulatory Compliance, and (3) Ethical Principles.
In addition, students must write one 10-page single-spaced research paper. This paper will ensure that students apply the knowledge they obtained by engaging in a case study type of analysis at the intersection of artificial intelligence, technology, and ethics. The paper will be evaluated on a CR/NC basis by one of the faculty members in charge of the certificate program, selected to match the technical and educational background of each student.
AI Technologies and Applications (3 units)
Select one in consultation with an Ethical AI Certificate advisor:
|CSC 859||AI Explainability and Ethics||3|
|CSC 869||Data Mining||3|
|CSC 872||Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence||3|
|PHIL 827||Philosophy and Current Applications of Artificial Intelligence||3|
Business Ethics and Regulatory Compliance (3 units)
|MGMT 850||Ethics and Compliance in Business||3|
Ethical Principles (3 units)
|PHIL 828||Philosophical Issues in Artificial Intelligence||3|
Research and Reflection Paper (1 unit)
|CSC 899||Independent Study||1|
|MGMT 899||Independent Study||1|
|PHIL 899||Independent Study||1|