Bachelor of Arts in Economics – ECON Associate Degree for Transfer Roadmap
This is a sample pathway for students who transfer to San Francisco State University in the current Bulletin year with an AA-T in Economics. At least six units in the major (ECON 101, ECON 102) and all lower division GE requirements have been satisfied. Additional units in the major may have been satisfied. Check with a major advisor about the most appropriate course sequence. Degree completion guaranteed in 60 units; see the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) section for more information.
|MATH 226||Calculus I||4|
|GE Area A: Written English Communication II (A4)||3|
or University Elective if A4 is already satisfied
or University Elective if US History met before transfer
|U.S. and California Government||3|
or University Elective if US/CA Government met before transfer
|GE Area UD-B: Upper-Division Physical and/or Life Sciences (Consider SF State Studies Course)||3|
|ECON 301||Intermediate Microeconomic Theory||3|
|ECON 311||Statistical Methods and Interpretation||3|
|University Elective – Take Two||5|
|ECON 302||Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory||3|
|ECON 312||Introduction to Econometrics||3|
|Major Elective – Take Two||6|
|GE Area UD-C: Upper-Division Arts and/or Humanities (Consider SF State Studies Course)||3|
|ECON 690GW||Senior Seminar: Economic Inquiry and Analysis - GWAR||3|
|Major Elective – Take Three||9|
|GE Area UD-D: Upper-Division Social Sciences (Consider SF State Studies Course)||3|
To Do at SF State:
Enough total units to reach 120 minimum for graduation; 40 units minimum at the upper division level; to include the following:
University-Wide Requirements: 9–18 Units
- ENG 214 or equivalent A4 course (0–3 units) if not taken before transfer
- American Institutions (0–6 units): US History, US Government, California State and Local Government requirements if not taken before transfer
- Upper Division GE, areas B, C and D (9 units)
- Students entering this major with the AA-T in Economics are not required to fulfill SF State Studies requirements.
- Complementary Studies: consult with a department advisor on how transfer units and/or SF State units can be applied to ensure degree completion within 60 units.
Economics Major: 33–37 Units
- Major Core (15–19 units) - includes Culminating Experience/GWAR course
- Major Electives (18 units)
University Electives: Five or More Units
Depends on course choices made at the community college, how transferred units are applied to the requirements above, and course choices at SF State. Some courses may meet more than one requirement, e.g. UD GE and the major.