Image: Photos of SF State students and scenes from around campus
Back to Top
- U.S. News and World Report consistently ranks many of SF State’s graduate programs among the best in the United States. Our programs are nationally recognized and draw top applicants from across the country and internationally.
- Our faculty, in collaboration with our graduate students, are active scholars engaged in vital research and creative endeavors that are changing the way we understand our world. Projects undertaken by our faculty are funded by grants and contracts from the most competitive government and private agencies.
- Graduate students seeking degrees in the fields of science develop their skills in the Conservation Genetics Laboratory, the Romberg Tiburon Center for Environmental Studies, an electron microscope facility, a DNA analysis facility, a Thin Film Laboratory, the Center for Computing and Life Sciences, and the Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Center.
- SF State’s abundant resources like the largest radio and television production facilities in Northern California, the Design Center for Global Needs, the Poetry Center and American Poetry Archives, the Digital Cinema Lab, the Confucius Institute, and the Graduate String Quartet Residency Program.
- All graduate students have the use of our state-of-the-art, newly renovated Library. The new building includes 3000 seats for quiet and group study, over 250 public computers, a Digital Media Studio for students with 9 editing rooms, and extended hours study areas with 18 group study rooms.