Bachelor of Arts in Child and Adolescent Development: Concentration in Youth Work and Out of School Time – ECE Associate Degree for Transfer Roadmap
This is a sample pathway for students who transfer to San Francisco State University in the current Bulletin year with an AS-T in Early Childhood Education (ECE) with 60 units in transfer. Six units in the major (CAD 210, CAD 260) and all lower division GE requirements have been satisfied. Degree completion guaranteed in 60 units; see the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) section for more information.
|CAD 300||Professional Roles and Careers in Child and Adolescent Development (Major Core)||3|
|CAD 400||Community Youth Development (Major Concentration)||3|
|CAD 410||Applied Child and Youth Development (Major Core)||3|
|CAD 450||Understanding and Working with Diverse Families (Major Core)||3|
|Youth and Context Course (Major Concentration) 1||3|
|CAD 500GW||Action Research Methods in Child and Adolescent Development - GWAR (Major Core)||3|
or PSY 430
|Adolescents and Families (Major Concentration)
or Adolescent Psychology
|Special Topics Course - Select Two (Major Concentration) 2||6-8|
|GE Area UD-B: Upper-Division Physical and/or Life Sciences||3|
|CAD 625||Children, Youth, and Public Policy (Major Core)||3|
|Special Topics Course - Select One (Major Concentration) 2||3|
|GE Area UD-C: Upper-Division Arts and/or Humanities||3|
|GE Area UD-D: Upper-Division Social Sciences||3|
|U.S. and California Government||3|
or University Elective if US/CA Government met before transfer
|CAD 660||Applied Advanced Developmental Science in Child and Adolescent Development (Major Core)||3|
|RPT 400||Programming Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Experiences (Major Concentration)||3|
or University Elective if US History met before transfer
|University Elective - Take Two||6|
Youth and Context
Special Topics (choose three courses, each from a different category)
To Do at SF State:
Enough total units to reach 120 minimum for graduation; 40 units minimum at the upper-division level; to include the following:
University-Wide Requirements: 9–15 units
- American Institutions (0–6 units): US History, US Government, California State and Local Government requirements if not taken before transfer
- Upper-Division GE, Areas B, C, and D (9 units): Courses required for the major may double-count if approved for UD GE.
- Students entering this major with the AS-T in Early Childhood Education are not required to fulfill SF State Studies requirements.
- Complementary Studies is satisfied by taking the required minimum of 12 units in disciplines other than CAD.
CAD Major (Concentration in Youth Work & Out of School Time): 39–41 units
- Major Core (18 units): Includes GWAR
- Concentration (21–23 units)
- Minimum grade of C or better required for all courses in the major.
University Electives: 8 or More units
Depends on course choices made at the community college, how transferred units are applied to the requirements above, and course choices at SF State. Some courses may meet more than one requirement, e.g. both in UD GE and the major.